Country

'You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have somekind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.'

This is not something I said. Frank Zappa said this in an interview. I just wanted to quote it here because it just shows the spirituality he follows. So many things said in a few lines. Just like the holy books we follow. Beer, Airline, Football team, Nuclear Weapons - all perfect to be considered as icons of any nation on this planet. Except the first thing (beer) I am not really interested in the other three spiritual metaphors. Modern day philosopy and free thinking (underlined and supported by a few bottles of beer) would make anyone go mad by thinking about how these things constitute the spiritual pillars of a complex concept called nation. Can anyone define nation? A few have tried and given some but none of those explanations seem to appeal to me. To me, a nation has different meanings. To be frank and take the example of India (as a country with a population of 1,191,349,000) it can be defined as a nation from these many perspectives. What is India as a Nation for me is different from your persepctive of it as a nation. Some of my friends even argue the credibility it has as a nation. (Thats a different thing and I implore them to see the greater reality and future problems). Since so many snakes in this country talk the tongue of seperatism, I guess the current trend in Indian spirituality is 'to seperate and prosper'. A multicultural, multi ethnic and multi lingual nation (will of course talk seperatism in the end) has no other choice I suppose but if one imagine this great nation as one single identity and geographical entity, one can see the invisible axes cutting through its heart with a force unseen yet used by the very same hands which was supposed to model the future of it. A pathetic scene of human energy and intellect going waste on irrational thoughts and activities. I break the glasses of a collectorate because those things were built with my fathers tax money... so I have some right on it. AM I FUCKIN' RIGHT???

Spirituality.....

2 comments:

Jyotsna Yedem said...

Sad. Futile. But love the Frank Zappa quote! :) I will not dwell on the separatism. Its just pointless. But beer? Hellz yea!

ManuKurup said...

Yeah...
Im having beer almost regularly. The biggest confusion is that what stands for what! Nation? Hell! I still don't know whats gonna happen here in 10 years. Slaves!!!! all fuckin of'em!! everything has become pointless... Zappa is depressing. So is Ferro. They scare the shit outta me and they dont care. Why did they die? So convenient for them to die after injecting all those fears into people's minds!!!!!!!! Its good that they died otherwise I wuda Killed them anyway!!!!!!!1